5 responses to “Jupiter’s aurora: the most powerful Northern lights display in the solar system!”

1. Observing Jupiter’s aurora from the top of a Volcano

[…] aurora and the questions we are hoping to answer with Juno data, then read my previous blog: Jupiter’s Aurora the Most Powerful Northern Lights in the Solar Sytem. It was an amazing opportunity to visit Hawaii and I was there for a total of 5 weeks, performing 8 […]

2. What’s happening in Jupiter’s upper atomosphere down at the equator?

[…] Jupiter are a vibrant and dynamic phenomena, generated by a complex array of mechanisms that create the most powerful aurora in the solar system. There are many aspects of the Jovian aurora which remain to be discovered – something Juno […]

3. sponduu.com

What’s up i am kavin, itss my first time to commenting anywhere, when i rea this article i
    thought i could also make comment due to this good piece of writing.

4. Back to Mauna Kea! – astrorosie

[…] them the sun’s magnetic field. I’m currently analysing the data from February to see if any changes in the solarwind, measured by Juno, trigger changes in Jupiter’s northern light…. Well that’s a lie, I’m currently sat at ~3000m up a volcano deciding if its worth […]

5. Auroral Displays at Brown Dwarfs | astrobites

[…] researchers to suggest that they may be caused by auroras that are generated in a similar manner to Jupiter’s main auroral oval. The pulsing in this case may be due to the magnetic axis being tilted from the spin axis, so that […]