The ILO raised concerns about gaps in terms of collection of data about gender and work
If you are looking for accurate reliable data here are some free recmomendations:
- DataPortals.org datacatalogs.org– Comprehensive list of open data portals in the world maintained by Open Knowledge International.
- EU Data Includes data produced by EU public bodies. The Key organisation is Eurostat the official statistical office. Its website is a rich source of current and historic quantitative data covering all aspects of economic and social life. Many datasets allow comparison between nations and regions in Europe
- OECD.Stat Contains data for OECD nations and some selected non-members. Wide coverage of economic and social topics. Includes science, technology. Downloading of many datasets restricted to subscribers only
- United Nations Official United Nations site. Especially good for statistical profiles of individual nations. Includes links to specialised databases of the UN.
- World Bank Open access to global development data. There is also a microdata catalogue of household level surveys
All the above are available through the UK Data Service Macrodata Portal.
For a full list of free data resources available at the University of Leicester see our data resource list.