20th October was World Statistics day.
The ILO raised concerns about gaps in terms of collection of data about gender and work
If you are looking for accurate reliable data here are some free recmomendations:
- DataPortals.org datacatalogs.org– Comprehensive list of open data portals in the world maintained by Open Knowledge International.
- EU Data Includes data produced by EU public bodies. The Key organisation is Eurostat the official statistical office. Its website is a rich source of current and historic quantitative data covering all aspects of economic and social life. Many datasets allow comparison between nations and regions in Europe
- OECD.Stat Contains data for OECD nations and some selected non-members. Wide coverage of economic and social topics. Includes science, technology. Downloading of many datasets restricted to subscribers only
- United Nations Official United Nations site. Especially good for statistical profiles of individual nations. Includes links to specialised databases of the UN.
- World Bank Open access to global development data. There is also a microdata catalogue of household level surveys
All the above are available through the UK Data Service Macrodata Portal.
For a full list of free data resources available at the University of Leicester see our data resource list.