A new online resource based upon the archives of CND held in the LSE Library.
It has been created by created by Dr Luc-André Brunet, in a collaboration between LSE IDEAS and The Open University. It focuses on the 1980s and is arranged into the following themes:
- Was there a ‘New Cold War’ in the early 1980s?
- What forms of peace activism took place in the UK?
- Was UK peace activism part of a worldwide movement?
- How did the UK Government respond to peace activism?
- How successful was the UK peace movement?
- What lessons can be drawn from the ‘Second Cold War’ of the 1980s?
Each section has expert video discussion, analysis and free access to original archive pamphlets and posters.