UN Day marks the anniversary of the entry into force in 1945 of the UN Charter. Read the full text of this historic document online.
Also recently released: The GA Handbook: A practical guide to the United Nations General Assembly (Second edition 2017) which explains the procedures and working of the General Assembly
Here are some sites we would recommend:
- United Nations Digital Library Digital Library includes UN documents, voting data, speeches, maps, and open access publications. The platform provides access to UN-produced materials in digital format and bibliographic records for print UN documents starting in 1979.
- Official Document System: The United Nations official document system provides full text search of documents issued since 1993; resolutions of all principal organs & Security Council plenary documents since 1946. Older documents are added regularly.
- UN Member States on the Record: Provides direct access to official documents reflecting the views and actions of UN Member States including: membership to the UN; statements made before principal. See UN Oral History Collection for older materials.
- UNBISnet: includes:
- Voting Records: Voting records for all resolutions adopted by the General Assembly and the Security Council from 1946 onwards.
- Index to Speeches: Provides access to meeting records of the Principal organs by country or organization, speaker, document symbol, or topic. Comprehensive from the mid-1980s,
- Yearbook of the United Nations: The Yearbook of the UN is the principal reference work of the UN and provides a detailed overview of the Organization’s activities during the course of a year. All the Yearbooks, 1945 to the most recent.
- UN Data gathered in one place. all recent statistical datasets.