British Police and Race The Centre for Crime and Justice has just provided free access to a collection of articles under the heading #BlackLivesMatter which discuss aspects of policing and race in the UK and elsewhere. They consider such concepts as institutional racism and the police and racial profiling.
The site also made available videos from its Police corruption, spying and racism conference: 5 and 6 Feb, 2015
Other useful sources for information on the police and race- Include:
- Reports from the Runnymede Trust
- Metropolitan Police Stop and Search data for London: includes statistics for ethnicity and race
- Police Powers and Procedures statistics cover the whole of the UK.
- Search for Recent government publication on the UK Government Portal. This can be filtered to Home Office.
- The UK National Police Library catalogue provides references to books and journal articles. Check the website for aces and fee based services relating to any possible supply of these materials.
- National Criminal Justice Reference System Abstracts free access to over 220,000 abstracts of books and articles covering all aspects of criminal justice and policing.