The Physics Community Team, and the Leicester Physics News Team, are delighted to announce the publication of the 2021 Yearbook for the School of Physics and Astronomy.
Continuing our annual tradition, we have brought together the very best news stories from the Physics and Astronomy community and assembled our Yearbook. The 2021 Yearbook can be viewed on Sharepoint by anyone with University of Leicester credentials.
Within these pages, you’ll find:
- An introduction from our Head of School.
- 2021 events and activities from across the School.
- Scientific news from our research projects.
- Updates on Space Park Leicester.
- Celebrations of success stories.
- Profiles of some members of the School published throughout the year.
- Details of our wonderful student societies.
- The editor’s pick from the Journal of Special Topics.
- Warm welcomes and fond farewells.
Many thanks for all our authors who submitted stories this year – please continue to do so, as it showcases the breadth of what we’ve been able to accomplish even under the most difficult of circumstances. Special thanks to Emily Baldwin for compiling the Yearbook, and Leigh Fletcher for editing this blog.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas 2021, and a very well earned break!